Dominic Giovanni's Poetry

Call me Dom Giovanni. I am an Irish Italian poet, originally from Scotland and Ireland. I do not wish to trouble my readers with embellished or self-promoted details about myself. In poetry and writing, directness and simplicity are more preferable than exaggerated statements of self. Please read the words. My duty is to the words.

Name:
Location: North of the Chesapeake Bay, United States

Background: Scotland, Ireland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Southeast Asia, Eastern Shore of Maryland

Thursday, July 23, 2009

KIM (Exercise in rhyme)

KIM (Exercise in rhyme)

Kim, Kim, Kim, no Kim is greater,
Whomever she harries is forced to wait her,
Kim, Kim, Kim, Kim the baiter.
Marvels are many, but none
More marvelous than Kim -
That's what keeps her waist so trim.
She that rides the cold North Sea,
Sped by anger, electric mean,
Sharper than spears that kill sea cows,
Stronger than mules for pulling plows -
Tongue-made waves forged this Queen;
What's to come next remains to be seen.
Kim, Kim, Kim, Kim the baiter,
The devil himself refused to date her.
Kim, Kim, Kim, Kim had a life but
it soon ate her.